Monday, April 8, 2013

Drugstore Mascara Guide

Picking out a mascara at the drugstore can be overwhelming, seeming that there is like a trillion all saying they do different things it's like what?? Well today I'm going to show you some Maybelline and also one NYC mascaras. The formula is obviously important in mascara but the brush is very important to get the look you want. Here are some up close views so you know what the brush is like and also my review on how well they work. Hope this is helpful, I will also be doing other brands so don't worry :)
 
1. First up is NYC City Curls mascara

This mascara is supposed to help curl your lashes so the wand has a slight curve. This mascara is pretty good for the price I think it was only 3.00ish dollars so that's pretty good. However after wearing it for a while it begins to flake a little and you'll get black specks under your eyes. Besides that I think it does a pretty good job.
2. Next up, Maybelline Falsies Volume Express in waterproof. This is a pretty dang good waterproof mascara it stays on pretty well unless you rub your eyes in water. It doesn't flake, the brush is good. Overall defiantly a good choice.
3. Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black
This is a good mascara formula, doesn't flake (if you can't tell I hate flaky mascara). However I don't love the brush it's good for bottom lashes, but it's really small so you don't get a big voluminous spread out lashes.
4.Maybelline Colossal Volume Express
This mascara if very good, I love the brush It does add length and volume to your lashes. As you can see by the worn out bottle It's been used a lot! There is large bristles with tiny ones in between which helps to get your lashes covered completely.
5. Maybelline The Rocket Volum' express
Saving the best for last! Oh my gosh this is an amazing mascara it's $6. The brush is so amazing it has a bunch of tiny bristles. It coats on a good amount of mascara with just one dip in the bottle. It spreads my lashes and makes them look like false lashes. This is defiantly my go to mascara at the moment.

I hope this guide is helpful, like I said I will get more brands and review other drugstore mascaras. The great thing about these is they are so good yet affordable which makes it nice. let me know what mascaras you use!
-M



Sharing is caring! pin, comment, subscribe :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! <3